My Life in 100 Words or Less(If You're Lucky)
So if you intend to read this blog, there are a few things you should know. I used to be a school teacher until one day my life dramatically changed and I decided to follow a new career path: Stay at Home Mom. Now instead of wrangling other people's children I spend the better part of my day trying to keep up with my nearly 2 year old's rapidly expanding vocabulary, and my nearly 5 month old's rapidly expanding waistline (seriously...he sometimes outgrows things before I even have all the snaps done up!) Although I specialize in the behaviour and development of 5-12 year olds, I am bumbling my way through this season in life and loving every minute of it. My husband is truly God's gift to woman (that would be me) and is surprisingly much better at the parenting thing than I am...however, don't tell him I said that, he already has a huge ego (only those of you who know him are laughing right now).
This summer, I began to ask God what His plan was for me in this season of life, and how I could help Him to accomplish that. What came of that seemingly one sided conversation was an exciting new direction in my life that I vainly refer to as my current "ministry." It is really nothing more than connecting with new and young moms around me and dishing out helpings of what is truly needed at this stage in life: encouragement...lots and lots of it. Some of it happens at my community centre, or our area parks, some of it is via long distance, but the long and the short of it is that I try to spend some time each day (and that itself is quite the feat) connecting with these women, praying for them, helping out in practical ways, etc. etc. I'm also currently writing a devotional/inspirational book for new moms and due to my penchance for procrastination, this blog's partial purpose is to air some of that material before it goes to the grave with me. If you're a young(ish) or new mom and you're reading this, then there is a good possibility you are on my list of "sheep," and that I think and pray for you often.
ANYWAY...as a former English Major I can be a bit long winded...however anyone who knows my Dad can attest to the fact that I come by it honestly (or at least genetically). But for now, reality beckons and so I shall hastily end this post...with my inherent compulsion to write satisfied (for now), and you...likely now realizing that there are more productive things you could be spending your time doing!
This summer, I began to ask God what His plan was for me in this season of life, and how I could help Him to accomplish that. What came of that seemingly one sided conversation was an exciting new direction in my life that I vainly refer to as my current "ministry." It is really nothing more than connecting with new and young moms around me and dishing out helpings of what is truly needed at this stage in life: encouragement...lots and lots of it. Some of it happens at my community centre, or our area parks, some of it is via long distance, but the long and the short of it is that I try to spend some time each day (and that itself is quite the feat) connecting with these women, praying for them, helping out in practical ways, etc. etc. I'm also currently writing a devotional/inspirational book for new moms and due to my penchance for procrastination, this blog's partial purpose is to air some of that material before it goes to the grave with me. If you're a young(ish) or new mom and you're reading this, then there is a good possibility you are on my list of "sheep," and that I think and pray for you often.
ANYWAY...as a former English Major I can be a bit long winded...however anyone who knows my Dad can attest to the fact that I come by it honestly (or at least genetically). But for now, reality beckons and so I shall hastily end this post...with my inherent compulsion to write satisfied (for now), and you...likely now realizing that there are more productive things you could be spending your time doing!

Comments
I love that you are an English Major because it really makes reading your blog enjoyable! You know exactly how to word it to capture my attention.