Top Ten Gifts Mom Really Wanted for Christmas
I know I know…Christmas has come and gone for another year and posting a Wish List seems somewhat futile. In my defense, any effort at getting this list composed before the yuletide carols subsided was thwarted by, well…the holiday itself!
So in the interest of well preparedness, here is my list for 2011. All the things I really hoped to find under my tree, but alas, were not there (aka All I Want for Christmas – 2010 edition). The good news is, my husband and kids now have “360 something” days to stuff my stocking for next year.
Here’s hoping!
10) Someone else to change the toilet paper roll just once. Okay, maybe twice. Is there some sort of myth out there that you need a degree to tackle this humble household task?
9) 8 consecutive hours of sleep. Selfish right? But think of the sunshine and happiness that might fill our home if this actually happened!!
8) A Laundry “App.” Seriously, with all the advances in technology these days you’d think some braniac at Apple or Microsoft could have created an app that sorts, washes, dries, folds and puts away my laundry by now.
7) A few extra hours in the day. Preferably somewhere between the hour the kids go to bed and the time Mom wants to go to bed. You know, that time of night when Mom really just wants to sit and put her feet up, but ends up folding laundry, wiping kitchen counters and (ahem!!) refilling toilet paper rolls.
6) A Users Guide to the Two Year Old. Plain English explanations of what specifically causes the meltdowns in each and every situation and how to avoid/remedy them. And while you’re at it, throw in a chapter of guaranteed foods he’ll eat every time they’re set in front of him.
5) Earplugs. Does that sound harsh? Think of them as meltdown prevention for Mommy. See? It’s a win win!
4) A Barack Obama Chia Pet. Random, I know. But the whole thing is just so ridiculous it never fails to make me laugh. And like I always say…it’s better to laugh than the alternative. Sometimes all it takes is a really good laugh to put “One of those days” in perspective.
3) Daily Mealtime Inspiration. I can’t explain exactly what it is…but I’ll know it when I see it. Oh, and you’ll know it too…because I won’t be serving the same pasta every Tuesday and “Something Mushroom Soup-ish” on Thursdays.
2) A Pause Button. Kind of like the Staples Easy Button…but instead it freezes time, or at least slows it down a bit. Lately I feel like we are racing at breakneck speed to high school graduation and college dorm drama. What’s the rush?
1) A little more patience. Yeah…good luck with that. But at least I’m giving you 360 something days to track it down!
So there you have it. Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she?

Comments