Top Ten: Outta the Mouths of Babes

I am excited to tell you about what God is impressing on my heart for this New Year!

But first...it's definitely time for a laugh.  I'm so glad God authored laughter.  It can be a tired Mom's best friend; even Proverbs 17:22 agrees that a merry heart is like good medicine.  Do you need a dose?

Here's what's been keeping my smile on during the past week of sick kids, sleepless nights, back to school chaos and the January blahs:

Top Ten: Strange Things Said in Our House Last Month

10) "The book of Numbers is about the Wilderness Wanderings and a few other stories.  Like Balaam and Ass.  That's the donkey's name I think: Ass." -Molly (recounting what she learned at school)

9)  "Tilly, when it comes to chewing gum, our house is Singapore." - my husband Ryan

8)  "Mom, how come you're so awesome?" - Molly (aka: the new favorite after that comment)

7)  "A weird lady in Starbucks just hugged me" - text from my husband (a non-fan of PDA: even from strangers)

6) Molly: "Mom, is this coin Canadian or American?"
     Me: "Look on the back.  Is it the Queen's head or the President's?"
     Molly: "That's Obama?!!!!!"

5) "Tilly, I shouldn't even have to say 'don't put cheese in your pocket!'" - the husband (apparently a non-fan of cheese in pockets, not to mention gum and PDA from weird huggy ladies in Starbucks)

4) "But Dad, it's a treasure...I have to keep it!" - Tilly (in response to #5)

3)  "Mom, I think there was too much cheese on the pizza, because my foot really hurts." - Henry (suddenly cheese is a big time offender!)

2) "Honey, I'm just going to get some of the chicken out of the car's carpet...I'll be right back" - the husband (are you seeing a germ/mess-a-phobic trend here?)

aaaaaaaand...

1) "Hey Mom, when you put a shell up to your ear, you can hear the toilet." - Henry

Comments

kelly ens said…
sooooo fantastic!!!! Thank you for sharing these :)
linjoprice said…
Haha...thanks, KaraLyn...you just made my day!
Angela said…
Too funny! Love the one about the president. Kids are adorable (and "phobic" husbands!)
Amanda said…
You guys are a hilarious family.
Grandma K said…
never a dull moment at the Sept household, right??

Popular Posts