Outta the Mouths...{vol. 2}
I know, it's been a while. But lately I've realized this important truth:
And let's be honest...in the time it takes me to post some lovely picture or eloquent blog painting a blissful picture of life, my two-year-old can ab.so.loute.ly deSTROY the place.
So where was I? Oh yes...we've been busy living life here. Not to mention the fact that after my last post, I had to take a blogging breather - lest my inner frustrations win out over my pursuit of love and the whole mess spill out on this page.
So let's forgive and love and laugh, shall we?
Because life is good. And in my house...sometimes pretty funny. Here's the latest dose of "good medicine" from us to you...
Top Ten: Funny Things Said in Our House Last Month
10) "Vincent Van Goat is actually a real person, 'cept he's not a goat." - Henry
9) The Parents: "Okay kids, this is the Good Friday service, there won't be any Sunday School so you'll be staying with us in Big Church. Remember it's a very special service and so we need to be thoughtful, listen to the speaker and what we are singing and be on our best behaviour."
Tilly: Okay Mom, I promise I won't puke.
8) "Stop being so smart...we can't afford it!" - The Dad, to the 6 year old.
7) "Dad, I need some medicine 'cause I really have issues." - the 2 year old. (and yes, she does.)
6) "I just HAD a shirt on. How did THAT happen?" - Henry (apparently he has issues too.)
5) Molly(randomly): When was Auntie Kendra born?
Me: 1976
Molly : Oh. That's WAY after Bach and Beethoven. (And yes, I did ask her when Bach and Beethoven were born, and she informed me 1685 and 1770 respectively. She's right. I googled it. And on a side note: should Auntie Kendra be concerned that the connection was even made in the first place?)
4) "Mom, can I run? I need to get sweaty." - Tilly (well, that makes one of us)
3) The Husband(on the phone): Are you lost?
Me: I'm down by Kona Brewery
The Husband: But I said TURN right before Toyota!
Me: I did! I turned RIGHT before Toyota!
The Husband: Oh stop thinking like a female!
2) "Tilly, you're fired!" - The Dad to the 2 year old. (wait...we can DO that??)
1) Whoever bangs their head on the table first wins!!! - The 4 year old boy (Was there any doubt??)
AND A Bonus: Proof that my husband is a very wise man(or maybe he was just trying to make up for giving me - ahem - FLAWED DIRECTIONS earlier)
Indeed.
Happy, happy Tuesday!
Life is what happens while you are too busy trying to document it.Seriously, I can wax eloquently about the poignant life lessons I am learning through Motherhood all I want...but if it means kids fighting, frustrated or missing out on necessary teachable moments because my head is buried in my camera or computer, none of it matters.
And let's be honest...in the time it takes me to post some lovely picture or eloquent blog painting a blissful picture of life, my two-year-old can ab.so.loute.ly deSTROY the place.
So where was I? Oh yes...we've been busy living life here. Not to mention the fact that after my last post, I had to take a blogging breather - lest my inner frustrations win out over my pursuit of love and the whole mess spill out on this page.
So let's forgive and love and laugh, shall we?
Because life is good. And in my house...sometimes pretty funny. Here's the latest dose of "good medicine" from us to you...
Top Ten: Funny Things Said in Our House Last Month
10) "Vincent Van Goat is actually a real person, 'cept he's not a goat." - Henry
9) The Parents: "Okay kids, this is the Good Friday service, there won't be any Sunday School so you'll be staying with us in Big Church. Remember it's a very special service and so we need to be thoughtful, listen to the speaker and what we are singing and be on our best behaviour."
Tilly: Okay Mom, I promise I won't puke.
8) "Stop being so smart...we can't afford it!" - The Dad, to the 6 year old.
7) "Dad, I need some medicine 'cause I really have issues." - the 2 year old. (and yes, she does.)
6) "I just HAD a shirt on. How did THAT happen?" - Henry (apparently he has issues too.)
5) Molly(randomly): When was Auntie Kendra born?
Me: 1976
Molly : Oh. That's WAY after Bach and Beethoven. (And yes, I did ask her when Bach and Beethoven were born, and she informed me 1685 and 1770 respectively. She's right. I googled it. And on a side note: should Auntie Kendra be concerned that the connection was even made in the first place?)
4) "Mom, can I run? I need to get sweaty." - Tilly (well, that makes one of us)
3) The Husband(on the phone): Are you lost?
Me: I'm down by Kona Brewery
The Husband: But I said TURN right before Toyota!
Me: I did! I turned RIGHT before Toyota!
The Husband: Oh stop thinking like a female!
2) "Tilly, you're fired!" - The Dad to the 2 year old. (wait...we can DO that??)
1) Whoever bangs their head on the table first wins!!! - The 4 year old boy (Was there any doubt??)
AND A Bonus: Proof that my husband is a very wise man(or maybe he was just trying to make up for giving me - ahem - FLAWED DIRECTIONS earlier)
Indeed.
Happy, happy Tuesday!

Comments