I'm Still Two Crazy

I always knew the day would come when I would outgrow the name of this blog. While my book remains untitled, "Two Crazy" just doesn't fit my growing brood anymore! Over the past year I’ve spent many hours trying to come up with a new title, bogged down by pitiful puns like “Three’s a Crowd,” “Three’s Company” and “Three of a Kind.” All entirely uninspiring, not to mention lacking in creativity and…well, pitiful.

I even considered putting this blog to rest. I am, after all, busy enough juggling the needs and routines of my three kids. It takes all the free time I manage to wrangle just to keep up with my personal family blog – what I consider to be an important record of events and happenings in our family’s history. And as many of you can attest, free time decreases exponentially in relation to the number of children who share your DNA.

But the fact of the matter is this: God continues to place you on my heart.

True, I don’t always know your name…but as moms of young children, you’re the ones in the trenches going through the same stuff I am facing each day. And I still believe God has much to say to you…the encouragement you need from time to time to keep yourself out of that locked bathroom, to prevent you from dissolving into fits of tears after another night of no sleep, to keep you from eating the entire tub of Rocky Road just to make it through another day negotiating the obstacles of motherhood. I think of you while I’m facing my own (miniature) giants and wonder what God can teach us through all that goes on in this phase of life. What truth He can inscribe on our hearts in order to draw us closer to Him…to make us more a reflection of His character, less our own flawed self?

The pages of my book are still being written, admittedly more slowly these days, but let’s be honest, the rigor of raising children continues to breed good material! And though at times I look at my book proposal and lament the difficulties of building a platform (the necessary next step if publishing comes to fruition), I know who holds its’ future. He is the same good God who also knows the mountain of laundry I am currently standing in. He knows the condition of my bathrooms and above all, He knows my heart. A few months ago I realized my need to lay the pages of this tome at the foot of the cross…to let it go and let Him take it over. These days, I am no longer plagued by the ambition to see my name in print, but intently hopeful that He will use me in His attempts to encourage, entertain and inspire you, his beloved children.

So here I am, determined to tackle this new challenge of raising not two, but three children with grace and dignity…sharing the laughter and tears with whomever will hear, and as always, seeking His truth amidst the chaos. And chaos it shall be, as the months ahead promise to bring with them even more change, challenge and adventure…all in the name of following after God’s call.

If I’ve learned one thing over the past two years while writing this blog, it’s that I can’t be a Mom on my own strength.

And I can’t do it standing up either. Whether I’m down on all fours playing with my kids, scrubbing my floors or offering up my daily (sometimes hourly!) prayer for help, life is infinitely easier when I’m “Mothering from my knees.”





**Note: Please keep the comments and feedback coming…either here or to my email: septfamilyblog@gmail.com. And if you’re interested in a look at my “real life,” send me an email at the above address and I will happily grant you access to our private family blog.

Comments

kelly ens said…
i'm thankful for your writing, stories, encouragement and insight - glad you will continue on in this blog.
i love your new title too (though I admit that the first 'suggestion' - though also stereotypical - was 'three ring circus' :)
KaraLyn said…
Haha Kelly! I never even thought of Three Ring Circus...and yet it describes my life right perfectly:)

Thanks for reading...and letting me know:)
linjoprice said…
KaraLyn.....love the new title, and the new look....

A. Linda
Sweet name! I love it :0
Hey Karalyn...
I am not the best at commenting, but I always so thoroughly enjoyt your posts! Thanks so much for sharing :)
Your most recent post, the confession, was written for ME!!!
Can SO relate on every aspect...so thankful this job does not fall completely on my shoulders :)
Laura said…
Still here, enjoying your posts immensely... looking forward to the book too!:)
susan said…
Hi there - I wander over to your blog from time to time via other friends blogs. (I know your in-laws from WAY back)

I too am Mothering 3 kiddos - our youngest is 6 weeks and wow, this is one tough job! I know it's rewarding but when cleaning up puke while making dinner & feeding a baby one finds it hard to see the experience as "rewarding".
:-)

I appreciate your honesty & encouragement. Thank you, especially for the reminder that we can't do this on our own!

Popular Posts