Theology 101


The following conversation is an example of a Three Year Old’s theological understanding being shaped by her father’s career in the Fossil Fuel Industry.  And another reason I need to be in my Bible EVERY DAY.

Her: Mom, what town does Satan live in again?

Me: Uh…do you mean Hell?

Her:  Yeah.  Hell.  Where is that?

Me: Well…it’s uh, (cough), uh, it’s…in a spiritual realm exactly opposite to where God is? {“Please Lord, let her drop this line of questioning!!!”}

Her: (leveling her gaze at me) Huh?

Me: (sighing and wishing for a way out of this conversation) It’s down under the ground.

Her: Like underneath our grass and flowers, that’s Hell?

Me: No…quite a bit deeper.

Her: Oh, I know!! (a lightbulb coming on)…like down where the oil is!

Some days I really wish I had a degree in Theology…

Comments

Grandma K said…
Don't you just love the wisdom of there children that you gave birth to?

Thanks for sharing! I love these stories!

Popular Posts