What I Want to Write
I wish I could linger here sometime and write about all the things cluttering up my mind, filling my notebook and taking up space on my phone's Voice Memo app. There's so much I want to write...
About the loss and grief associated with moving and the amazing lady who helped me to name those things.
About my God-the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob- who remains the God of tenfold restoration when it comes to that kind of loss and grief.
About conversations with incredulous children who today just discovered that some kids live in the same house, same city, same country their entire lives and how that conversation makes your heart long for really deep roots and you pray desperately again that your choices in life haven't adversely affected those said sweet hearts.
About what it's like to do life with women who stand shoulder to shoulder with you, who eliminate tiring competition between women simply by refusing to believe it exists and instead walk in the biblical truth that "love always protects, always trusts, always perseveres."
About my short lived journey as a reluctant homeschooler...how both the journey and me being reluctant was short lived. About how much I miss our little homeschool set-up but adore the collaborative art project on The Parable of the Sower that winds its way through the hallways of the wonderful faith-based school my kids feel our family now belongs to.
And about how much I enjoy this new "ministry" I stumbled into over the past year-advocating for loving and appropriate parent involvement in schools- and the interesting space I occupy as an experienced teacher/inexperienced parent when it comes to encouraging both sides involved in this relationship.
About all the ways there are to PURSUE LOVE if you understand that as your sole purpose in life.
About all the ways I could've been a better teacher had I been a parent first...and about the ways I can't imagine parenting without the foundation my teaching degree and experience has given me.
About funny things kids say and how rewarding it is to find journals years later where you've scribbled all those things down.
About what both King David and my lovely friend Meltaught me about the value and purpose of self-talk, and how it has changed my life over the past year.
About how much I love my new church and about how everybody should read and study the book of Judges to see...To SEE How amazing God is and how broken we are and just how unbelievable grace is.
About all the good books I've read lately- ones that stir my faith and make me shout "YES!" and ones that bring tears to my eyes as I read them to my kids at bedtime and see them getting BIG PERSPECTIVE and important lessons all wrapped up in beautiful illustrations and effortless rhyme.
About the miracles I've seen and lived. The answers we've received and the ways we've seen without any doubt that God has indeed gone before us in this path we are walking.
And more. I'd write about so much more.
But for now I'll make those apples we picked into pies, fold another load of laundry and try to keep up with my new and improved cleaning schedule. I'll drive kids to school and enjoy the neighbor kids feeling welcome enough to just walk in and I'll get busy loving on some teachers who need it. I'll stand on soccer sidelines and watch through the glass at gymnastics and try to remember to sign agendas and return folders. I'll make some meals, wean my last baby and spend the early morning and late evening quiet hours wishing my husband didn't have to go away to work.
For now.
But someday...
Someday I'll write about all that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
About the loss and grief associated with moving and the amazing lady who helped me to name those things.
About my God-the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob- who remains the God of tenfold restoration when it comes to that kind of loss and grief.
About conversations with incredulous children who today just discovered that some kids live in the same house, same city, same country their entire lives and how that conversation makes your heart long for really deep roots and you pray desperately again that your choices in life haven't adversely affected those said sweet hearts.
About what it's like to do life with women who stand shoulder to shoulder with you, who eliminate tiring competition between women simply by refusing to believe it exists and instead walk in the biblical truth that "love always protects, always trusts, always perseveres."
About my short lived journey as a reluctant homeschooler...how both the journey and me being reluctant was short lived. About how much I miss our little homeschool set-up but adore the collaborative art project on The Parable of the Sower that winds its way through the hallways of the wonderful faith-based school my kids feel our family now belongs to.
And about how much I enjoy this new "ministry" I stumbled into over the past year-advocating for loving and appropriate parent involvement in schools- and the interesting space I occupy as an experienced teacher/inexperienced parent when it comes to encouraging both sides involved in this relationship.
About all the ways there are to PURSUE LOVE if you understand that as your sole purpose in life.
About all the ways I could've been a better teacher had I been a parent first...and about the ways I can't imagine parenting without the foundation my teaching degree and experience has given me.
About funny things kids say and how rewarding it is to find journals years later where you've scribbled all those things down.
About what both King David and my lovely friend Meltaught me about the value and purpose of self-talk, and how it has changed my life over the past year.
About how much I love my new church and about how everybody should read and study the book of Judges to see...To SEE How amazing God is and how broken we are and just how unbelievable grace is.
About all the good books I've read lately- ones that stir my faith and make me shout "YES!" and ones that bring tears to my eyes as I read them to my kids at bedtime and see them getting BIG PERSPECTIVE and important lessons all wrapped up in beautiful illustrations and effortless rhyme.
About the miracles I've seen and lived. The answers we've received and the ways we've seen without any doubt that God has indeed gone before us in this path we are walking.
And more. I'd write about so much more.
But for now I'll make those apples we picked into pies, fold another load of laundry and try to keep up with my new and improved cleaning schedule. I'll drive kids to school and enjoy the neighbor kids feeling welcome enough to just walk in and I'll get busy loving on some teachers who need it. I'll stand on soccer sidelines and watch through the glass at gymnastics and try to remember to sign agendas and return folders. I'll make some meals, wean my last baby and spend the early morning and late evening quiet hours wishing my husband didn't have to go away to work.
For now.
But someday...
Someday I'll write about all that.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments
andi