Time Flies...
My son turned 6 months old yesterday. It’s hard to believe that it was 6 months ago that I first laid eyes on him. In a way, it seems like yesterday, and yet sometimes it feels like a life time ago. People always throw around the cliché: “Children grow up so fast,” but you don’t truly understand just how fast until you actually have kids of your own. And it speeds up exponentially when you have more than one!In fact, the past 6 months have flown by so quickly, that today I find myself wishing that somehow I could have them back. Perhaps I would take more pictures (at least as many as I took of his older sister), or maybe I would have tried to find more time to just sit and stare at him, so I could remember how little he actually was (in spite of the paperwork that declared him to be nine and a half pounds!). And maybe I could have been less frustrated by some of those sleepless nights...and more appreciative of the fact that I alone wielded the power to comfort the tiny soul.
And while I have never been one who wishes to hurry my babies through the milestones of life, I can’t wait to see what the next 6 months hold. I am spoiled now...knowing how much fun it is when your child can talk to you and further reveal a personality. But for now, I intend to work harder at cherishing each moment with my little boy; he’ll be walking and talking soon enough and I will likely long for the days when he was immobile and relatively silent on most issues. Very likely, the time will continue to pass even more quickly from here on out...you know what they say, “Time flies when you’re having fun!” And boy, am I ever.

Comments