Accomplished

Here's what I haven't done:

I haven't vacuumed in over a week,
My oven and microwave are in dire need of a thorough scrub.

I haven't blogged lately either.
I haven't been here at MFMK for 23 days.  Our family blog has been neglected since the beginning of the month and our ministry blog, well...I just haven't blogged. 

I haven't returned emails.  My apologies if you've been waiting.  I've likely had a conversation with you in my head and "written out" mentally what I'm going to say to you, but I just haven't turned on the computer and put pen to paper...or, whatever (technology has killed some of the best metaphors, hasn't it?  But I digress).

I've done no "work."  None of the curriculum lessons that I promised could be easily written by mid-March have even been started...I've hardly given them a thought.

I haven't received a promotion or taken a step up the property ladder.  I haven't made any decisions that saved lives, dollars or economies.  I've won no awards, been the recipient of any recommendations or achieved any milestones.

But...

I've drawn and coloured a respectable zebra Mom with her baby(foal?).  I successfully fixed a Hotwheels track(twice!), and found a car that's been missing for 2 weeks.  I've won and lost at Go Fish and Uno and practiced printing sight words and the alphabet on trays of chocolate pudding. 

I've dried, folded and put away one load of laundry every weekday since January first, and I've stuck to my grocery budget now for 55 days.  I actually made my husband proud once and laugh hard a few times.

I've prayed with my kids for Costa Rica, North Korea, a sick cousin and daddy.  I've read John Chapter One 8 times in the past 2 weeks and been convicted of at least 3 things I need the Holy Spirit's power to overcome.  I gained a mentor, and felt God's heart of love for someone I previously felt was unlovable.  

That's what I've done.

Comments

Grandma K said…
not sure there is enough words for what a Mamma does for her family and friends each day / month.....

Glad all is well.....

Popular Posts