Making Moments Count

I'm learning that sometimes "teachable moments" don't last longer than a few seconds, so I need to be "ready to give an answer" when the need arises.  
 
Sometimes I'm ready. Sometimes I waste the moment.
 
Watching my kids grow up right before my eyes reminds me of how little time I actually have with them in the scope of a lifetime.  I need to remember that my job is to make those brief moments count for an Eternity.

Henry: Mom, Jesus died on the cross a long time ago, right?
Me: Yep buddy. 
Henry: So...if we sin today does He have to die on the cross again?
Me: Nope. 
Henry: How do you know?
Me: (looking up from my laundry folding) Cuz the Bible says that Jesus' death on the cross was one sacrifice that covers all sin, "good for all time."  Uh...that  means His forgiveness is for all sin...even your sins tomorrow or next week or next year.  
Henry: (thoughtful) Hmm...
Me: (knowing what he's thinking) But you know what buddy?  The Bible also says that if Jesus forgives our sins, He will clean our heart and sin's power over us can be broken. God's Spirit in us makes us not want to do bad stuff.  We will want to be more like Jesus and run away from sin and closer to Him!
Henry:  Mom, I need to tell you something. 
Me: Yes, Henry?
Henry: You have to come see this cockroach in the bathroom. It's really gross. 
Me: Good talk buddy. Show me the cockroach.


Comments

Doug said…
You made the MOST of two moments ... well done KaraLyn!!
Rosa said…
I agree with Henry that cockroach in the bathroom.... It's really gross ... =) That's why I cannot comeback to Hawaii... I miss you though.

Popular Posts