Today

Today:

The baby can't sleep for longer than twenty minutes.
Not in her bed, not in the swing.  Not in my arms.
Not in the Baby Bjorn, Hotsling or Mei Tei.  I tried them all.
Her cries both frustrate and sadden me.
I can't explain why but she just needs her Mom.  Me.
I'm stuck on the emotional rollercoaster that is mothering a newborn.
I want off.  Just for one round or two.  I'll get back on tomorrow.
The two-year-old needs me constantly.
She has changed her clothes 3 times and it is not noon.
I am feeling my lack of sleep deep within me.  Somehow even my bones feel tired.
It seems as though coffee and chocolate are my only ally.
I am thankful for two children in school.
I should be baking cupcakes for my daughter's 6th birthday tomorrow.
There are 3 loads of laundry to fold and 2 more to load into the washer.
I was hoping to post my advent curriculum on this blog but I need more time.
I need to finish the shopping so we can pack our Christmas Shoeboxes.
I am battling the desire to accomplish my own agenda.
I want to run away.  Just for a while.  I'll come back tomorrow.
Canada sounds nice.  Cold.  Snow.  A day without feeling sweaty. Without beach hair.  Boots and scarves.
I remember sitting with a group of Moms earlier this week listening to an amazing Mom of NINE talk about how she parented.
I am thankful I don't have nine children.  But ask me again tomorrow and I might change my mind.
I remember she said she parented from a place of weakness.
I realize that's all I have Today.  Weakness.  That's my place.  I know it well.
I feel like being honest about how hard it can be.
I am singing a song.  It is supposed to be to Jesus, but Today I am singing it to my Self.
I need to hear this message.  Over and over and over again.
I need to whisper this TRUTH to my inmost being.  My outmost being isn't willing to listen.

"Jesus, All for Jesus, All I am and have and ever hope to be.  All of my ambitions, hopes and plans.  I surrender these, into your hands.  For it's only in Your will that I am free."*
Today...

I just can't wait for tomorrow.




*Jesus, All for Jesus  -Robin Mark




Comments

Grandma K said…
Right now I believe you are doing the most difficult job a woman can do. May you focus on the moment and live in the strength and wisdom that God has for you.
Remember that He leads gently ...... be kind and gentle with yourself too!

Popular Posts